Who We Are
When Do We Collect Personal Information And What Personal Information Do We Collect?
We may collect personal information about you as follows:
- If you fill in forms on our website, we will collect your contact details and the other information you provide in the form.
- If you contact us by any other means (e.g. email or telephone), we may keep a record of that contact and the information you provide us at that time.
- If you ask to be added to our marketing database, we will collect your name, the name of your company/organisation (if any), email address and your preferences as to the types of marketing information you would like to receive from us.
- If you become a member of use our golf course as a guest, we will collect a range of information which is outlined in more detail in our Member Privacy Statement available at http://www.huntercombegolfclub.co.uk.
- If you use our Wi-Fi at the golf club, then we may collect your name, email address and any other information which you provide in the log-in form.
- We may also collect contact details from third parties who supply services to us or who assist us in the supply of services to our customers.
Other Information Collected Via Our Website And Cookies
If you visit our website, we will collect information about your visit, namely IP address, traffic data, location data and the resources that you access. Our website uses a limited number of cookies, namely:
- Cookies required by Google Analytics in order to collect the information about your website visit as described above.
- Cookies required by our webpage host www.clubview.co.uk.
For more information about the cookies we use on our website, please contact us on the details below.
Links To Other Websites
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
- If you fill in forms on our website, or contact us by any other means, we use the information you provide to respond to your enquiry or contact on the basis that we have a legitimate interest to do so.
- If you ask to be added to our marketing database, we will use the information you provide to send you information about our organisation and services in accordance with your stated preferences. We will do so on the basis that you have consented to us processing your personal information in this way. You can stop receiving marketing information from us at any time as these communications provide easy ways to unsubscribe or update your preferences.
- If you become a member of use the golf club, we will use the information you provide to carry out our contractual obligations to you, to fulfil our legal obligations arising from your instructions and in our legitimate interests as a golfing organisation. We may also use it to notify you about changes in our organisation on the basis that this is compatible with our original use of your information.
- If you use our Wi-Fi the details we collect may be used to monitor usage levels of the service and to ensure that our IT policies and acceptable use policies in place from time to time are complied with.
Where Do We Store Your Personal Information And How It Is Kept Secure?
Some of the information you provide to us will be transmitted electronically, e.g. information provided via our website or by email. We would remind you that information transmitted via the internet is not completely secure and although we will do our best to protect any information transmitted in this way, we cannot guarantee its complete security.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data being accidently lost, accessed or used in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers located in the United Kingdom. No information you provide to us is transferred to, or stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area.
In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Who Do We Share Your Personal Information With?
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share it in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example our auditors, our insurers or HMRC) or with your consent.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
We will keep your personal information for the following periods of time:
|Circumstances in which personal information was provided||How long do we keep it?|
|Information submitted via website form which does not lead to membership or provision of services||12 months|
|Contact by any other means (e.g. email or telephone) which does not lead to membership or provision of services||12 months|
|To add to our marketing database||For the duration of your consent (to be deleted upon consent being withdrawn)|
|To provide services (as a member or guest)||Usually 7 years (save for trophy and historic records) unless we inform you otherwise|
Your Rights In Relation To The Personal Information We Hold
You have the right to:
Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data's accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
Post: Huntercombe Golf Club, Nuffield, Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire RG9 5SL
Telephone: 01491 641207